“Trust yourself. Create the kind of self that you will be happy to live with all your life. Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.”
The Women in Business Committee offers professional women a unique opportunity to grow – to fan their sparks of possibility into flames of success – within an atmosphere created specifically for them. Meet like-minded women with similar goals and issues who are motivated to achieve more success in their businesses and careers. Develop skills you might not practice in your workplace but will find both rewarding and useful, such as networking and event planning. Become exposed to professional women from all sectors and sizes of businesses who face similar issues and challenges as you do and discover how they address these and excel.
In addition, the Women in Business Committee hosts chamber-wide events that allow you to further extend your reach and exposure to other members of both genders.
Benefits of membership on this committee include:
- Meeting new people and developing new business opportunities
- Expanding your network of business contacts
- Increasing your visibility through attendance and participation
- Strengthening your teamwork skills by joining an event committee
- Strengthening your leadership skills by serving as an event committee chair
- Broadening your knowledge base and skills through useful programs and presentations
Past programs and events have included:
- Career discussions by Sue Naegle, president of HBO Entertainment, and Sheri McCoy, president of Avon
- Female Legends of Morris County event
- Training in Executive Presence, Work-Life Balance, Communication in the Workplace and other skills
Interested in Joining the Committee?
The Women in Business Committee is open to any woman member of the chamber. The committee meets the second Wednesday of the month 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. in the chamber conference room.
Click here to send an email indicating that you plan to attend the next committee meeting. Include your full contact information in the email.