“We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.”
Sonia Johnson – American Activist
The Not-For-Profit Committee offers those in this vital sector the opportunity to make a more impactful difference together than they already do individually. Members share best practices about fundraising, volunteer recruitment and retention and budgeting. As a group they coordinate goals and better pursue limited resources while gaining access to a database of those resources. Coordination of galas allows for maximum success of each. The committee also hosts the Annual Spring Morris County Non-Profit Conference.
The not-for-profit sector plays an essential role in the community and receives the full support of the chamber, including recruitment of board members, funds and resources. In addition, several other chamber committees support non-for-profit members.
Benefits of membership on this committee include:
- Collaboration with other professionals within the not-for-profit community, including sharing of best practices
- Half-day training and seminars with experts in developing, marketing and financing non-for-profits
- Email alerts on pending legislation and other news of interest to the non-for-profit community
- Access to a database of not-for-profit resources
Events and activities include:
- Annual Spring Morris County Non-Profit Conference
- Expert speakers
- Monthly meetings to share information and insight
Interested in Joining the Committee?
The Not-for-Profit Committee is open to any member of the chamber. The committee meets the third Thursday of the month at 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. in the chamber conference room.
Click here to send an email indicating that you plan to attend the next committee meeting. Include your full contact information in the email.