Introducing Get Fit! Morris County, a program to promote health and wellness to employees and families of member companies. Each month the program will highlight two member companies that will offer an attractive discount to anyone interested in experiencing a new opportunity to get fit or stay healthy. Click here for more information.
“Life is not merely being alive, but being well.”
Marcus Valerius Martialis – Poet
The Health & Wellness Committee offers members and employers an avenue to greater wellness. Professionals in the health and wellness sectors find peers and potential collaborators. Business professionals interested in working with businesses and nonprofits in this sector find opportunities. Employers find access to health and wellness information and programs that can translate into healthier – and more productive – employees. And members in general interested in leading healthier lives find resources.
The committee draws major players in the health and wellness community as guest speakers and sponsors an annual blood drive and other efforts that benefit the public and business community, such as the “100 Days to Health Challenge.”
Benefits of membership on this committee include:
- Learning about health and wellness resources and programs for employees
- Learning about health and wellness personal practices and how to apply these to your life
- Meeting new people and developing new business opportunities
- Expanding your network of business contacts
- Increasing your visibility through attendance, participation and volunteering
Events and activities include:
- Bimonthly expert speakers
- Annual chamber-wide blood drive
- Health and wellness promotions
Interested in Joining the Committee?
The Health & Wellness Committee is open to any member of the chamber. The committee meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month beginning in January at 8:30AM to 9:30AM in the chamber conference room.
Click here to send an email indicating that you plan to attend the next committee meeting. Include your full contact information in the email.